Sunday, December 28, 2008

TREND OR TRANSITION?


Here's an interesting article I found on a topic that keeps coming up: the revival of disco in 2008.
The opening line, "The last 12 months have arguable belonged to disco", offers a blunt and accurate summation of the year in music.
All of the various music oriented websites I frequent seem to be in agreeance with their year end "best of 2008" lists. 
I am especially intrigued by and happy to see that a lot of the focus on this disco resurgence is backed by a strong sense of awareness in young people who seem interested in learning about original disco to enhance the enjoyment of the new. At least this is what I've gathered from all of the research I've been doing. Maybe I am wrong, and not a lot of people actually care, but for those that do, this article is a detailed overview of the current position in electronic music.
Also, if you scroll down to the bottom of the comments, someone posted an extensive list of disco based artists who fit the discussion. appreciated awareness.

No comments: