Saturday, February 14, 2009

NARCO OST


On continuos play these winter months is the soundtrack to a french film I've never seen, called Narco. The entire soundtrack was scored by French singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist Sebastien Tellier, whose distinct sound is prominent, though this time without any vocals. 12 purely melodic classicly Tellier composed songs.
The film is (obviously) about a man suffering from narcolepsy, and I laugh every time I read the wikipedia description of the film: "Narco is about Gus, a narcoleptic, whose life is made difficult by his inability to keep a job because of his narcolepsy".  Hmm. One could only assume that would be obvious "goes without saying" for anyone suffering narcolepsy, no?
Regardless of the potentially boring content it might consist of, I'd like to see it.

I drove through a snowstorm with my parents a few days ago, and had control of the music. They typically don't support my interest in lyric-less post 1990 music, so I was careful with my determination to select a melodic tune for the scenic wonderland drive. I thought it was perfect. My dad said "this sounds like a european film soundtrack to a movie with Carry Grant".  I was impressed with his accuracy for 2 out of 3.

The song I chose for the snowstorm drive was La Ballade Du Georges

my other favourite on the album is Le Long De La Riviere Tendre


No comments: