Friday, December 12, 2008

TIGRESS ATTACK IN PARIS


I was in Paris this spring during the 20 year anniversary parties for Rex Club.  We strayed from rex club only one night, to catch the Noze album release party at Bataclan. While I was there, dancing in a way not at all acceptable by composed parisian standards, I managed to catch the eye of Parisian photographer Johann Rousselot. He was one of the very few Parisians to embrace my unruly dancing style, and the only one to have encouraging words to say about it. He shot a portrait of me, sweating on the dance floor, and gave me his card before disappearing into the night. When I had a chance to look at his work, I was completely blown away. I honestly feel so lucky to have briefly met Johann so that I can know these beautiful and compelling photographs exist and are available for me to look at whenever I want.

No comments: