Friday, December 12, 2008

GOODBYE LEATHER




after nine years of devotion and daily wear, my beloved leather jacket and I will separate. The Chilean shoe cobbler said he'd fix it, but after 2 months of neglect gave it back and told me to "take it to the russians". They didn't want to touch it either. Back to the closet it went, until my dad pulled it out and asked if he could rip it to shreds to make drum handles. When he re-worded it by saying that my jacket could put 3000 songs into the world, I couldn't really refuse, considering the sad and unwearable state it's in. 
Nine years ago the above mentioned father found it abandoned on the gym floor of the prison he was living in. He spent countless hours polishing the worn leather, and even ordered some fushia satin material that he hand stitched inside the jacket before giving it to me for my 17th birthday.
goodbye leather, I will miss you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

bye bye leather...onto your next incarnation